Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Chevrons

I thought about doing a New Years design, but did not paint them in time! Instead, here is my latest design. Chevrons! I saw several tutorials on how to do chevrons using tape. I used tape for the first layer of polish and then got too lazy to wait for the polish to dry. I forgot that in order to use tape on your nails as a stencil, you need to wait FOREVER for the polish to dry completely. If you don't wait long enough, it'll peel off your tacky nail polish. Eww. Not cute. I got impatient so some of it is free hand since my least favorite part of painting my nails is waiting for it to dry.


So sophisticated! For me, this is a little more plain than usual. I generally like my nails a little more bold. But change is good sometimes!

The tan color is "Sunset Sail" by China Glaze, the maroon color is "Fifth Avenue" by China Glaze and the black is "Black on Black" by Sinful Colors.


I hope you had a great 2012 and have a happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment